Andean Wonder 10 Days
Within our Andean Wonder 10 days program, we will know the most important sites between the cities of Lima, Ica, Arequipa, Puno and Cusco (Machu Picchu). From Lima we will travel by bus throughout the Peruvian South visiting the most important places in each Department, in Ica we will visit the Ballestas Island, a beautiful place surrounded by marine fauna.
- DAY 01: Reception at Lima airport / transfer to Lima hotel.
- DAY 02: Tour Ballestas Island and Huacachina Oasis.
- DAY 03: Overflight over Nazca Lines.
- DAY 04: City Tours in Cusco.
- DAY 05: Maras Moray an Salt mines Tour.
- DAY 06: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Tour.
- DAY 07: Humantay Lake Tour.
- DAY 08: Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
- DAY 09: Machu Picchu Tour.
- DAY 10: Transfer Hotel – Cusco Airport.
- Physical Rating: Moderate(3/5)
- Activities: Sightseeing, Short walks, Shopping, Hiking, Cultural, Nature, Mountains
- Minimum altitude: 10 m.a.s.l.
- Maximum altitude: 5200 m.a.s.l.
- Hotel: hotel according to choice (double or triple rooms).
- Group size: customized groups and private services Andean Wonder 10 days.
- When to travel: All year round, but March to December is recommended.
Lima comes from the original Quechua word Rimaq (Speaker), known as “City of Kings” founded in 1535 by Francisco Pizarro, considered the new Spanish city, capital of the Viceroyalty of Peru. The first Viceroy of Peru was Francisco Alvarez de Toledo, the most important and praised as the “Supreme Organizer”, who commanded the execution of the last Inca of Vilcabamba, Tupac Amaru I.
Before the conquest of Peru, in was formed by small villages called curacazgo, in the years 1100 A.D. resurfaced the local power formed by the Chancay Culture (culture of prodigious weavers), and Pachacamac (ceremonial center of unquestionable prestige) where the power was concentrated, Pachacamac was the god of the night and earthquakes.
is located in the southern part of Lima, where the bay of Paracas and important vineyards are located, the first inhabitants settled 9000 years ago, “The man of Paracas” discovered in the pampas of Santo Domingo dates from the year 6870 B.C. being the second oldest horticulturist of Peru. Three pre-Inca cultures settled here: the Paracas, Nazca and Chincha cultures and dominated by Pachacutec in the 15th century.
According to legend, Cusco was founded by Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo who emerged from Lake Titicaca by order of the Sun God.
However, it was Pachacutec who is credited with having made CUSCO a political and spiritual center. Pachacutec ruled since 1438, who together with his son Tupac Yupanqui dedicated five decades to organize the different peoples, thus forming the Tawantinsuyo, within his masterpiece is attributed Machu Picchu.
Reception at Lima airport / City Tour in Lima.
Upon arrival at the airport in Lima, our staff will be waiting for you to pick you up and transfer you to the hotel to check in and rest before the night city tour and visit the Magic Water Circuit.
Night city tour / Magical water circuit
At the appointed time, we will start our visit to the colonial part of Lima, where we will visit the Plaza San Martin, the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral of Lima, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Government Palace, and the beautifully illuminated main architectural monuments.
We will continue our visit to the Magic Water Circuit, known as the largest fountain complex in the world certified by the Guinness World Records. There we will find a geyser of 80 meters high. We will enjoy an extraordinary show of lights, water and music.
Tour Ballestas Island and Huacachina Oasis
Our 4-hour trip to Paracas beach will begin at 5:40 am, in tourist transportation, and you will be given a box lunch for the trip.
Ballestas Island – Paracas.
From Chaco dock, we will start our trip to Ballestas Island, in modern boats, where we will appreciate one of the natural beauties of marine fauna, and we will also be able to observe the famous candelabra.
On the way back to Puerto Chaco we will take our transportation to Ica.
Ica and Vineyards Tour.
Once we arrive to the city of Ica we will visit the Nietto winery, one of the artisan vineyards, where the grape brandy known as “Pisco” is made, where a staff will show us the process of making wine, and the different cocktails in a traditional way since 1856.
At the end of the tour we will go to Chocolatería Noelia, where we will taste the traditional Chocoteja, alfajores, jams, handmade cookies, etc.
During the afternoon we will visit the famous Huacachina Lagoon, located 5km from the city of Ica, where we can enjoy the ride in the dunes in the dune buggies and perform the famous Sandbording in Sand.
At the end we will take our transportation from the terminal of Ica to Nazca, night hotel Nazca.
Nazca Lines overflight
At the time indicated by our staff, we will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the Nazca airport.
We will be waiting at the airport to board the plane where we can make the overflight to the Nazca lines, from the top we can enjoy the gigantic figures such as: the trapeze, the monkey, the dog, the spider, the parrot, the astronaut, the tree, the hummingbird, the condor.
At the end of the overflight in Nazca we will have the afternoon free until the departure time of our bus to the city of Arequipa and spend the night.
Flight Lima - Cusco / City tours Cusco
At the agreed time you will be transferred to the airport in Lima to take the flight to the imperial city of Cusco. At the agreed time you will be transferred to the airport in Lima to take the flight to the imperial city of Cusco.
City tours Cusco
At the time indicated by our Responsible Guide, we will start the city tour visiting first the Plaza de Armas of Cusco, from here we move through the cobbled streets toward the Qoricancha temple,
We will have a guided visit of the Qoricancha Temple and know the importance of this religious precinct of the Incas that is currently built the Temple of Santo Domingo.
At the end of the visit we will continue in private mobility to the 4 archaeological parks of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, we will know the importance that each of them had in the Inca era, Of all the most important is the archaeological park of Sacsayhuaman where the stage of the Inti Raymi takes place.
At the end of the tour we will return to our Hotel in Cusco – Free Night.
Maras - Moray - Salt mines
At 8:30 a.m. we start picking you up at your hotel to begin our adventure to Chincheros. Chinchero (3780 m.a.s.l.) where we will visit its traditional market and be part of its culture and handicrafts.
Continuing on to the circular terraces of Maras Moray, we will take a colorful tour, passing through very typical villages and beautiful landscapes that we will be able to enjoy.
Moray are a set of huge terraces that overlap concentrically in a gigantic pit, these beautiful terraces served in Inca times as an agricultural laboratory “Greenhouse Prototype”.
Finally, we will visit the salt mines located northwest of the town of Maras, which consist of about 2000 small wells with an average area of about 5 m², exploited since Inca times, Colonial times and still being exploited by the locals.
After our visit we will return to the city of Cusco.
At 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. we will pick you up from your hotel to begin our trip south of Cusco.
We will travel approximately 2 hours to Cusipata to enjoy a delicious breakfast.
Then we will continue for another hour and a half until we reach Vinicunca and start our hike.
The hike will average an hour and a half until we reach the highest point above 5000 meters above sea level, where we can enjoy an impressive view of the “mountain of 7 colors.
After our visit we will return to Cusipata to enjoy a delicious lunch that will comfort us, our adventure of the Vinicunca Rainbow mountain range.
Then we will return to the city of Cusco where we will arrive at approximately 6:00 pm.
Humantay Lagoon Tours:
At 4:30 am our collaborators will pass by your hotel to pick you up and board our tourist transport to visit the Humantay Lake.
At 5:00 am we will be starting our journey to Mollepata, crossing fields of cultivation and landscapes surrounded by mountain chains and snow-capped peaks.
On arrival in Mollepata we will stop for breakfast, then continue to Soraypampa, where we will prepare to start the hike to Humantay Lake.
The climb hike will be approximately 1 hour and a half until you reach the Lagoon (optional horse-drawn), the walk will be hard but rewarding. At the edge of the Lagoon our guide will explain to us about the origin of the Huamantay Lake and the turquoise color, then we will have time to take short walks, take pictures.
At the end we will descend about 40 minutes to Soraypampa, and take our mobility back to the restaurant where a comforting lunch awaits us.
After lunch, we will continue our return trip to Cusco City, arriving approximately 6:30 pm.
Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour / Machu Picchu connection
We start with pick up from your hotel at 7:30 am, and then board our tourist bus to the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
After about 30 minutes of travel we arrive at the handicraft center of Corao where we will stop for 20 minutes, then we continue to the town of Pisaq from where we can enjoy a beautiful view of the sacred valley. Once in the archaeological park of Pisaq we will have a 40 minute guided tour of the archaeological park. After the visit we descend to the town of Pisaq and visit its market.
Continuing our trip, along the Vilcanota River that runs through the entire Sacred Valley, we move to Urubamba to rest and have time for lunch at a local restaurant prepared with local ingredients.
After 40 minutes of rest we continue the trip to Ollantaytambo where we will visit the archaeological park for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Train to Machu Picchu
At the end of our visit to Ollantaytambo we will board the train to Machu Picchu. Where we will spend the night and rest for the next day to visit the most important attraction of Peru “Machupicchu”.
Machu Picchu Tour
After Breakfast and at the time indicated by our guide, we will head to the bus station to board and board the entrance gate of Machu Picchu.
It will be a journey of about 40 minutes of journey along a zigzag path toward the citadel, upon arrival our guide awaits us to start our guided tour of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
We will have a tour of approximately 3 hours, where our guide will explain the most important facts of the citadel, as we will be able to take the best souvenir photos.
At the end of the tour we will return to the entrance gate to reboard the bus that transfers us back to Machu Pichu Pueblo.
We will have the afternoon free to take advantage of at lunch and if you give us time to go to the thermal baths and take a relaxing bath.
Train Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo
Depending on the departure time of our train, 30 minutes before departure we will board the train to Ollantaytambo.
Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo our transfer will be waiting for you to take you to Cusco city, ending our tour in San Francisco Square.
Traslado Hotel – Aeropuerto Cusco
After a trip through the Andean wonderland for 12 days, this will be our last day in Cusco, it will be gratifying to have known the best of Peru.
After breakfast at the indicated time, you will be transferred to the airport where we will say our last farewell.
- DAY 01: Pick up from hotel, City Tours + entrance fees, overnight at Lima hotel.
- DAY 02: Transporte Lima-Paracas-Ica-Lima, visita Isla Ballesta, Visita Viñedos, Autos Tubulares en Huacachina, Bus Ica-Nazca, Noche Hotel Nazca.
- DAY 03: flight over Nazca, transportation Nazca-Lima, night Hotel Lima.
- DAY 04: Tourist ticket for the City Tour, Night in Cusco hotel.
- DAY 05: Entrance to Moray, Night at Hotel Cusco.
- DAY 06: Desayuno y almuerzo, Botiquín, Oxigeno, Bastones, Noche Hotel Cusco.
- DAY 07: Desayuno y almuerzo, Botiquín, Oxigeno, Bastones, Noche Hotel Cusco.
- DAY 08: Ingreso Boleto turístico Pisaq y Ollantaytambo, Almuerzo bufete, Tren Ollanta – Machupicchu, Noche Hotel MachuPicchu Pueblo.
- DAY 09: Ingreso a Machu Picchu, Bus en Machu Picchu, Guía profesional Ingles/español, Tren Machu Picchu-Ollanta, Traslado Ollanta – Cusco, Noche hotel Cusco.
- DAY 10: Transfer Hotel – Airport
- Payment of taxes Ballestas Islands S/. 16.00 soles.
- Paracas National Reserve Fee S/.10.00 soles.
- Fees for nazca lines S/ 25.00 soles.
- City tour Arequipa.
- Qoricancha Entrance. s/10.00 soles.
- Income mountain of colors s/10.00 soles
- Humantay Lagoon entrance fee s/10.00 soles
- Drinks Phone calls Snacks.
- Meals after coordination with the guest.
- Services not indicated in the itinerary.
- Drinks Phone calls Snacks.
- Gratuities Food upon coordination with the guest.
- Service not indicated in the itinerary.
- Domestic or international flights.
- Raincoat (long poncho) in rainy season October, November, January, February, March.
- Warm clothes for the nights in them months of May, June, July,
- Long sleeve shirts and comfortable pants for hiking.
- For the routes of the mountain of colors and the Humantay Lake, bring thermal and light clothing, and medicines for personal use.
- In Machu Picchu preferably use insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days for all excursions.
- Plastic bags so you can keep the trash and leave it in the right place.
- A small backpack to carry your personal items if necessary.
- Light briefcase per person with less than 8 kilos for trips to Machu Picchu.
- Have on hand checks and coins in small denominations, preferably local currency soles.
|Numero de Personas||Precio por persona||Total ($ USD)||Reservar|
Your Travel Guide at a glance
1. Tour in Andean Wonder 10 days.
From Lima with pick up from the airport and installation at the hotel, we will proceed with our first visit the Lima City Tour, Ballestas Island Tour, and an adventure in the Dunes in Ica On the famous Arreneros Cars located next to the Huacachina Lagoon “the Last Oasis from America”.
At the end we will leave for the Imperial City of Cusco to know the Mountain of Colors and Machu Picchu, without a doubt a tour of the Andean wonder 13 days where we will know the best of the Peruvian South.
2. Food in Andean Wonder 10 days.
In this Adventure we will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of Peruvian food, tasting the typical dishes of each region to visit, and we can also mention being able to delight the palate with the spirits prepared in the wine cellars of Ica, where we will enjoy different pisco and artisan wines.
3. Clothes to wear in Maravilla Andina 10 days.
Without a doubt, from Lima we will leave with all our equipment heading to the south of Peru, so it is recommended that we will have clothing available according to the weather that touches us on each excursion.
From Lima to Nazca the climate is warm so we will wear light clothing. In Cusco we will enjoy different climates from the coolest in the Mountain of Colors, Temperate in Cusco, and warm humid in Machu Picchu.