Colca Canyon Full Day Tour | Colca Canyon 1 day tour
Colca Canyon Full Day Tour | Colca Canyon 1 day tour
Colca Canyon Full day Tour, you will be able to enjoy all the main attractions inside the Colca Canyon Tours, you will be amazed by the majestic flight of the most imposing bird the Condor. During this tour, you will have the opportunity to see pre-Inca terraces along the valley and take pictures with llamas and alpacas. You will also have the option to enjoy the hot springs of La Calera, located in Chivay.
The Colca Canyon is famous for being one of the deepest canyons in the world and the deepest canyon in Peru.
- 03:00 – 03:30: Hotel or hostel pick-up
- 03:00 – 06:30: Goint to Chivay
- 06:30 -07:00: Breakfast at Achoma
- 08:00 – 09:30: Cruz del Condor Viewpoint
- 09:30 – 11:00: Back to Chivay
- 11:00 – 12:30: Visit to the Yanke thermal baths (optional)
- 13:00 – 14:00: We arrived in Chivay for lunch.
- 14:00 – 17:00: Bus back to the city of Arequipa.
- 17:00 – 17:30: End of tour in hotel or hostel
- Schedule: 03:00 a 18:30
- Trip Length: 14 and a half hours.
- Includes: Shared transportation, bilingual guide and hotel pick-up (central urban area only).
- What to bring: Waterproof clothing, comfortable shoes, sun hat, bathing suit, towel, sun block, water, comfortable clothes and warm polar type clothing.
- Restrictions: Minimum age requirement is 6 years old.
- Climate: Subject to weather conditions.
- The tour starts at 3 am departing from Arequipa and ends at 5 pm back in Arequipa.
- The tour is easy, just a short walk.
- It is the ONLY way to see the Colca Canyon full day tour
- The Colca Canyon is 3.5 hours from Arequipa, so it will be a long bus ride in one day.
- The tours start very early in the morning so you can see the condors flying.
- Most tour companies will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or lodging in Arequipa.
Tour to the Colca Canyon.
Colca Canyon Tour.
Colca Canyon Full Day Tour, to begin at 2:30 and 3:00 a.m. we start with pick up from your hotel, after that we leave Arequipa and go to the Colca Canyon in the direction of the snowy Chachani and Chivay.
After breakfast in Chivay we will go to the Condor Cross Viewpoint (3,500 masl). Where we will appreciate the flight of the condors, as well as the best panoramic view of the Canyon, with its depth of 1,200 meters, from the viewpoint to the river.
Condor Cross in Colca Canyon
First we will stay a few hours in the Condor Cross, later, we will pass through the village of Pinchollo. Known for being the most characteristic village in the valley. Further on we will appreciate the views of pre-Inca hanging tombs on vertical cliffs. For being the most outstanding stone scale model of the Colca Valley. On the way we will stop at the Mirador Antahuilque. After that we continue through the villages of Maca, Achoma and Yanque, with its monumental baroque church.
La Calera Thermal Baths in Colca Canyon
Later in the afternoon, we will arrive to Chivay, to visit optionally the medicinal thermal baths ‘. After lunch, we will return to the White City of Arequipa. Along the way we will have stops at Patapampa or Viewpoint of the Andes, Alto Sumbay and the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, which is the habitat of the four species of South American camelids. Above all, the most important is the vicuña.
Finally we will return to Arequipa with arrival approx. from 5:00 p.m.
- Hotel pick up.
- Tourist Transportation.
- Official Tour Guide (English / Spanish).
- Meals: breakfast and Lunch.
- Colca Canyon entrance fee; Foreigners s/70.00 soles, Latinos s/40.00 soles, Peruvians s/20.00 soles.
- Entrance to La Calera Hot Springs s/15.00 soles
- Passenger’s extra expenses.
- Sunscreen. We recommend having a good quality sunscreen with high protection (we use SPF 50).
- Waterproof and windproof jacket for him and her | We had a clear day but the winds were quite strong. The weather can change quickly, so it’s best to come prepared to enjoy the day.
- Down jacket; It was bitterly cold in our van all the way up to the nearly 5000 meter pass and we were glad we packed our trusty down jackets.
- Hiking poles; If you’ve decided to hike down and up the canyon, you need quality hiking poles to ease the strain and pain on your knees.
- Camera; The Colca Canyon is one of the most beautiful destinations in Peru, so make sure you have a good camera to capture the incredible scenery and condors in flight.
|# Of Persons||Price per person||Total ($ USD)||Book Now|
Your Travel Guide at a glance
Colca Canyon Full day TOur
On the way to the Colca Canyon you will be able to see a great biodiversity of Andean Flora and Fauna, we will stop at the Pampa Cañahuas national reserve , wetland where you can see vicuñas and alpacas, the Viewpoint of the Volcanoes , located at 4800 meters above sea level and from where you have a privileged view of the volcanoes that surround the area.
Will I see condors on this excursion?
There are quite a few condors and since we visit different observation points, the possibilities are quite good. We can’t guarantee that you will be able to see them, but if you are lucky, they will fly just over your head.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
frequently asked questions about the colca canyon full day tour
Can you do Colca Canyon in one day?
Yes, if you do not have much time you can choose to take the Colca Canyon full day tour, but if you want to better enjoy this beautiful sightseeing, enjoy its mountains and its people’s lifestyle, we recommend that you can do Colca canyon 2 day tour or Colca Canyon trek 2 days
No matter which one you wish to visit, you will always be fascinated by the majesty of the canyon and the beautiful landscapes that surround it.
Is Colca Canyon worth visiting?
Colca Canyon day tour, if you want to take unique experiences of the tourist attractions of Peru, this will be one of the tourist attractions that you must visit if you travel to Peru, The Colca Canyon, is considered one of the most important attractions to visit in Peru, this tourist destination is located in the city of Arequipa, and if you are looking for a complete program you can check our program