Maras Moray Tour and Salt Mines Tour 1/2 day
The Maras Moray tour is located in a section of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Leaving Cusco we head towards the village of Chinchero, where we will enjoy a beautiful landscape surrounded by mountains and inter-Andean valleys, one of our best sights will be the Nevado Veronica which is located above the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
In Moray we will be able to observe the circular platforms with a depth of 150 meters and the height of each platform is 1.80 meters.
- 8:30 am Pick up from your hotel
- 9:00 a.m. Departure to Chinchero
- 10:00 am Visit to Chinchero
- 12:00 am Visit Maras Moray Tour
- 1:30 am Visit Mirador Salt Mines
- 2:00 pm Back to Cusco
- 3:00 End of services
- Physical classification: Easy (1/5)
- Activities: Cultural, Archeology, nature, landscapes, Flora and fauna, mountains, snow-capped mountains.
- Group size: Groups, customized groups and private services.
- When to travel: All year round
Maras Moray Tour and Salt mines 1/2 day
We will start with the pick up of our visitors at 8:30 am to 9:00 am, and then travel to our first point of visit.
We will begin the Maras Moray Tour and Salt Mines visiting the town of Chinchero, where we will be part of its culture and tradition that has been preserved year to year.
Chinchero is located at 3780 meters above sea level, here we will visit its handicraft market and its archaeological park, Chinchero is known as one of the towns that have managed to maintain their culture.
After the visit, we will continue our journey to the meseta of Maras, with direction to the terraces of Moray, upon arrival we will be part of this amazing construction made in a gigantic hole, where the Incas built agricultural terraces that served as a prototype of agricultural laboratory.
At the end of the tour we will continue the return trip to the town of Maras, to go to the Salt Mines or Salineras. Here we will be able to appreciate approximately 2500 wells that are filled with salt water that filters from a spring, and are processed in a traditional way since Inca times. This salt is currently used to cook grilled meat and also for medicinal baths.
At the end of our tour we will return to Cusco.
- Tourist transportation.
- Hotel pick up from hotels in the historic center of downtown.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Entrance ticket: cost s/70.00 (foreign tourist).
- Entrance fee to Salt Mines: s/10.00 soles.
Consider the 6% surcharge for card and PayPal payments, other means of transaction will be borne by the customer.
- f you are going to visit the sacred valley tour and the Maras Moray tour in continuous days you can purchase the partial tourist ticket which is valid for 2 days.
- If you are going to do several tours in Cusco, City tours, Sacred Valley and South Valley, it is necessary to purchase the General tourist ticket,
- In the rainy season, from February to March and from September to December, bring a raincoat.
Your Travel Guide at a glance
What places to visit in Maras Moray Tour and Salt Mines:
In the Maras Moray and salt mines tour, we will be able to visit the following places:
Chinchero is located about 30 to 40 minutes from the city of Cusco, was declared a historical heritage of Peru on December 28, 1972, has 34,800 hectares of archaeological center is attributed its construction to the Inca Tupac Yupanqui.
it is located in the district of Maras about 7 km away.It is made up of 1 gigantic and 2 small pits, in which agricultural terraces were built, according to historians these served as an agricultural laboratory of the Inca times.
Salt mines Peru:
Or salt mines. It is composed of 3000 wells of 5m2 approx. each one, which are fed by an outlet water spring, which throughout the year fills the holes in order to sediment the salt with the action of heat. This salt is generally used to make grilled meat and is also used for medicinal purposes.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the altitude Maras Moray Plataforms?
Maras Moray Terraces Height is 3500 m.a.s.l.
What is the altitude of Chinchero?
Chinchero is located at an altitude of 3780 maslm.