Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Full Day
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, is another of the colorful mountains of Cusco, which is located in the town of Checacupe, in the community of Palccoyo.
To get here, we start the trip from Cusco to the south towards Arequipa, arriving at the town of Checacupe take a detour by land road, a journey of about 1 hour to Palccoyo town.
In the place we will observe several colorful mountains, and a stone forest from where you can see the surrounding mountain ranges.
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Itinerary
- 6:30 a.m. Pick up from the Hotel to our passengers.
- 7:00 a.m. Departure to the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain.
- 8:40 a.m. Arrival Cusipata.
- 10:00 a.m. Arrival to the bus station of the Palcoyo mountain, start of the trek.
- 11:00 a.m. At the top of the Rainbow Mountain of Palccoyo and the forest of stones.
- 12:00 p.m. Return by bus to Cusipata.
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch in Cusipata.
- 4:00 p.m. Arrival to Cusco.
- Physical classification: Moderated(2/5).
- Activities: Hiking, nature, landscapes, Flora and fauna, mountains, snow-capped mountains,
- Group size: Large groups, customized groups and private services.
- When to travel: All year round, but March to December is recommended.
which one to visit Palccoyo or Vinicunca?
For those who enjoy outdoor activities and having contact with nature, both colorful mountains will be to your liking,
When the Palccoyo rainbow mountain was discovered, the rainbow mountain of Vinicunca was already receiving around 1500 visitors. Nowadays, both Palccoyo and Vinicunca have their own charm and many people decide to visit both mountains.
The advantage that the Rainbow Mountain of Palccoyo has is that it is easier to access than Vinicunca, and has a lower altitude, which can be visited with children from 6 years old, the hike is about 30 to 40 minutes.
Tours Rainbow Mountain Palccoyo
At 6:30 a.m. until 07:00 a.m. pick up from your hotel and start our tour of Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain.
We will have a journey of about 4 hours approx. by the road that takes us to Arequipa, arriving at Checacupe take the detour by a dirt road to reach the village of Palccoyo.
On the way we will enjoy the typical landscapes of the Peruvian Andes, surrounded by mountain ranges and inter-Andean valleys.
Arriving at the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain we will have a view of small colorful mountain formations. As well as the main attraction “the Rainbow Mountain similar to Vinicunca”.
After enjoying the majesty of the mountains we will return to Checacupe, where lunch will be waiting for us.
Finally we will take our transportation to return to the city of Cusco, arrival at 5:00 pm.
- Tourist transportation.
- Professional tour guide.
- Semi-buffet lunch at Rainbow Mountain.
- First aid kit and oxigen
- Horses uphill / downhill.
- Entrance to Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain. s/10.00 soles.
- Snacks, Tips.
- Wear sneakers or tennis shoes.
- Raincoat (long poncho) in rainy season October, November, January, February, March.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Plastic bags so you can keep the trash and leave it in the right place.
- A small backpack to carry your personal items.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
what is the best time to visit the rainbow mountain in cusco?
If you are planning to travel to Cusco and visit the Rainbow Mountain, you should be aware that between the months of November to March there are rainfalls that can be heavy or slow.
In order to have a better experience it is better to visit between the months of April to October, but for the adventurer every season is perfect to visit the Rainbow Mountain of Cusco.