Pillones Waterfall Tour 1 day – Forest Stone of Imata
Aremika Expeditions is committed to show you the best tours in Arequipa, that’s why we offer you the best day tours in Arequipa.
Visit Pillones Waterfall which is located at an altitude of 4600 meters above sea level, and the forest of stones of Imata, in this tour we will make a short walk and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- 6:30 a.m.: Pick up from your hostel or hotel.
- 9:30 a.m.: Stop at the Sumbay River.
- 11:00 a.m.: Stop at Imata Stone Forest.
- 12:30 a.m.: Visit to Pillones waterfall.
- 14:00 p.m.: Lunch in Imata.
- 15:00 p.m.: Visit the Puruña stone quarry.
- 16:00 p.m.: Return to Arequipa.
- 17:30 p.m.: End of tour.
- Physical level: (2/5)
- Departure Time: From 6:00 am (Exact time)
- Return Time: 04:30 pm approximately.
- Group required: 04 people to go on this tour.
- Maximum number: 20 persons per group
- Recommended Time: All Year
Visit the Stone Forest of Imata and Cataras de Pillones, and take with you a great experience of your trip to Arequipa.
Pillones Waterfall Tour and forest stones of Imata
We will start with the pick up from your hotel according to our itinerary, to transfer us to our first tourist destination Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, continuing our journey we will arrive at the town of Patahuasi, where we can buy some snack.
On the way we can enjoy the diversity of flora and fauna typical of the altitude, as the Viscachas, the Guallatas, if necessary we will make tourist stops to better enjoy the scenery.
At about 11:00 am we will arrive at the Forest of Stones of Imata, which are rock formations that give the impression of an enchanted forest, we will make a walk of about 1 hour, where we can observe different figures of rock as animals, plants and men.
Continuing the trip to 1 hour and a half is the Pillones Waterfall, where we can see dozens of rocks formed by water erosion, from here we will begin the descent to the waterfall, taking care not to fall because the road is quite rugged, to reach the Pillones Waterfall to enjoy the scenery and take the best photos possible.
After the visit we will make a stop for rest and lunch in Imata, to continue to the stone forest of Poruña, which is formed by the erosion of water, sun and wind. We will make a short hike to enter the blaque forest of rocks.
At the end of our tour of the Pilones waterfall and the forest of stones, we can return to the city of Arequipa, arrival approx. 5:30 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel (Historic Center)
- Official Tour Guide (English/Spanish).
- Passenger’s extra expenses.
- Entrance ticket to Pillones Waterfall
- Entrance ticket to Forest Stone
- Accessories to protect yourself from the sun, sunglasses, hat, sweater, jacket.
- Windbreaker jacket, hat, gloves.
- Comfortable walking shoes (do not wear boots or shoes with smooth soles) to avoid falls or foot injuries.
- Bag to store waste (garbage), so we take care of the environment and the place we visit.
- Carry extra cash, as there are no ATMs or banks along the way.
- Bring your food or cold cuts for lunch.
|Numero de Personas||Precio por persona||Total ($ USD)||Reservar|
Your Travel Guide at a glance
Pillones Waterfall – Imata Stone Forest Excursion
Both tourist sites are close to each other, so you can find tour services to visit both, if you are interested in visiting on your own follow the instructions:
It is located at kilometer 154 of the Arequipa – Puno highway, from this point you can start the 1 kilometer walk along the left side of the river, which will take you about 15 to 30 minutes.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the tour start?
The tour starts at 06:00 am. We will pick you up at your hotel, if it is located in the Historic Center, otherwise we will pick you up from the Plaza de Armas.
What time does the tour end?
The tour ends at approximately 4:30 p.m., time of arrival in Arequipa.
How long does it take to get to Bosque de Piedras?
On average it takes 3 hours to reach the Piedras forest.
What is the difficulty level of the hike?
The hike to the stone forest and the Pillones Waterfall is basic level (Easy).
What foods are recommended for the tour?
Cold food such as fruits, sandwiches, nuts, energy drinks, water or whatever you prefer is recommended. In addition, lunch can be provided based on local trout, the passenger covers the cost of the service.
Is there a bathroom in the mobility/Bus?
No, the transport does not have restrooms, but the driver may make stops to use the restrooms in the towns. It is recommended to bring toilet paper and money (coins) to pay for the use of the restrooms.
What to do if I feel unhealthy?
All passengers must report any health condition before and during the trip.
In case they feel unwell, they will be accompanied to the town’s medical center where a health professional will prescribe medication according to their condition.
What happens if I am late or do not attend the tour?
In case of late arrival or no-show on the day of the tour, no refund will be given.