Sacred Valley Tour 1 day Cusco
Expedition to the Sacred Valley tour 1 day
Travel to the Inca’s Sacred Valley to see the breathtaking archaeological sites for yourself. The valleys are full of history and culture, just waiting for you to explore.
Discover the history around you
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is one of Peru’s most important tourist destinations. Here you will find archeological wonders where you can explore ancient temples, fortresses, terraces and more.
Catch a glimpse of these breathtaking sites
Take one of our tours or hire a guide in order to explore these sites up close. You will be able to admire them from different angles and even take part in some interesting activities!
- 7:30 am Pick up from hotel (historic center of Cusco).
- 8:00 am Departure to the Sacred Valley of Cusco.
- 10:00 am Viewpoint of Taray
- 11:00 am Entrance to Pisaq
- 12:00 pm Drive to Urubamba
- 1:30 pm Lunch in Urubamba
- 2:30 pm Visit to Ollantaytambo.
- 3:30 pm Return to Cusco
- 6:00 pm Arrival to Cusco
Notes : The hours are approx. there may be variations.
- Physical rating: Easy (2/5
- Activities: cultural, archeology, gastronomy, nature, landscapes, flora and fauna, mountains, snow-capped mountains, snow-capped mountains.
- Group size: Large groups, customized groups and private services.
- When to travel: All year round.
The Inca culture is the root of Peruvian culture. The beauty and history are reflected in that zone, so the Sacred Valley of the Incas is one of the most important destinations.
The Sacred Valley is surrounded by important archaeological centers, among the most important we have, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, and the access route to Machu Picchu.
Also part of the valley are the Andenes de Moray, the Salt Mines and the archaeological center of Chinchero.
All these can be visited in a 2 day tour or in one day.
Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
The tour will begin with the pick up from your hotel at 8:00 approximately to go to the Sacred Valley, we will pass by Corao and the viewpoint of Taray from where we will have a beautiful view of the Sacred Valley, continuing we will arrive to the town of Pisaq, to continue to the archaeological park of Pisaq. We will have a visit of about 50 minutes approximately, the guide will tell us the history of this archaeological site.
At the end we will continue to Urubamba in the direction of the Vilcanota River where a delicious lunch prepared with local products awaits us. Then we will continue to the district of Ollantaytambo where we will visit one of the villages that has maintained its Inca architecture since the entrance, we will visit the archaeological park for about 50 minutes.
At the end we will return to the district of Urubamba and then continue the tour to Chinchero where we can see some of the handicrafts and its traditional market with Inca customs.
At the end of the visit we will return to the city of Cusco at 18:00 Hrs approximately.
- touristic transportation
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private pick up service from your hotel, shared pick up service within the historical center.
- Professional bilingual guide English / Spanish.
- Tourist ticket: cost s /. 40.00 soles (Peruvian tourist).
- tourist ticket: cost s /. 70.00 (foreign tourist).
- Other expenses not detailed.
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba. Tikawasi US$10.00 dollars, Pucapunku US$15.00 dollars, Don Angel US$20.00 dollars, Tunupa US$30.00 Dollars
- If you want to visit the Sacred Valley and Maras Moray tour in continuous days, it is only necessary to buy the Partial Tourist Ticket, which is valid for 2 days.
- If you are going to stay more than 2 days and you will be visiting several tourist areas, it is advisable to buy the General Tourist Ticket.
- In the rainy season, from February to March, from September to December, wear a raincoat.
- if you want a guide in another language you can contact us we have guides in private service in French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and others.
Your Travel Guide at a glance
What to visit in the Sacred Valley tour 1 day
Pisac is the first place to start the trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is located 33 kilometers from the city of Cusco, east of the Cordillera de Vilcabamba. Peru. This archaeological site is one of the most important in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
As was common in Inca architecture, the cities were built on the basis of figurative animal footprints. Pisac, was shaped like a partridge, as its name says.
This city has an Inca and a colonial part. Its main square is a colorful and entertaining place with a variety of handicrafts for sale. This city is known for its astronomical observatory.
Ollantaytambo (Quechua: Ullantay Tampu) is an Inca settlement and archaeological site, capital of the District of Ollantaytambo (Urubamba Province), located in southern Peru, about 90 km northwest of the city of Cusco.
During the Inca period, Pachacutec conquered the region and built the town and a ceremonial center. At the time of the conquest it served as the fortress of Manco Inca Yupanqui, leader of the Inca resistance. It is the only Inca city in Peru that is still inhabited.
In Ollantaytambo there are terraces of resistance (to avoid landslides), not agricultural as in the other archaeological sites of Cuzco. Today it is an important tourist attraction for its Inca constructions and for being one of the most common starting points of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Chinchero, the most typical town in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, is a purely Inca city that the ambitious conquerors wanted to “civilize” to implant their culture, but never quite succeeded. Its people live in almost intact Inca constructions, in the same place where their distant ancestors lived and formed the largest and most prosperous civilization in America.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Sacred Valley of the Incas located?
Sacred Valley of the Inca (Spanish: El Valle Sagrado de los Incas), is located in the Urubamba Province in Cusco, Peru. It is located about 15 kilometers northeast of the city of Cusco.
The Sacred Valley is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cusco – Peru. This valley have excellent place to be if you want to experience the beauty of nature. After a few hours on car you will arrive at Pisac which is located right on the shore of Vilcanota River. It’s one of the oldest towns in the valley.
why is the sacred valley special?
The Sacred Valley of the incas, o ‘Río Urubamba Valley’, was an important site for the Incas Empire and remains a hugely popular site for tourists today. … Because of its naturally rich, many Inca people settled in the valley and started producing maize, and actually this valley have the best maize.
What is the Sacred Valley history?
El área tiene una rica historia, por lo que vale la pena dedicar varios días para explorarla por completo. La mayoría de las agencias de viajes en Cusco ofrecen viajes de un día o medio día a varios sitios y mercados tradicionales del valle.