Royal Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
This route is highly recommended for families and people who want to enjoy a beautiful sunset of Machu Picchu from Inti Punku, and re-enter the second day to visit Machu Picchu.
DAY 01: Cusco – Intipunku – machu picchu
- 4:00 am pick up from hotel.
- 6:40 am train Ollantaytambo – km 104.
- 8:00 am entrance to the Short Inca Trail, start of the trek.
- 1:00 pm lunch.
- 4:00 pm visit intipunku descent to Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
DAY 02: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 6:00 am start of Machu Picchu visit.
- 8:00 am entrance to the Citadel (according to the assigned circuit).
- 16:12 pm Panoramic train (360° or Vistadome) Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco (the schedule varies according to availability).
Day 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 / 106 – AGUAS CALIENTES
We start our excursion on the short Inca Trail 2 days with the pickup from your hotel between 4:00 and 4:30 hours, then we will go to the train station Ollantaytambo, a journey of 1 hour 30 minutes approx. and arrive 30 minutes before the departure of the train.
You will travel by train to the kilometer 104 or 106 (depending on the DRC), when you arrive our guide and the team (porters) will be waiting for you to begin our adventure on the Inca Trail for 2 days.
At the start of the hike, we will visit the archaeological center of “Chachabamba”, at 2250 masl, and the agricultural center of “Wiñay Wuayna”, and our guide will tell us more about the history of these archaeological centers.
Continuing our hike at noon we will make a stop for a box lunch (meat pies, or vegetarian, water, fruit, fruit juice and cereals).
After recovering energy, we will continue our walk until we reach the INTI PUNKU, from where we will appreciate a beautiful sunset with the sun on the horizon, certainly an unforgettable landscape.
We will start the descent to Machu Picchu Pueblo to stay in a comfortable hotel and enjoy a delicious dinner, where our guide will give us a brief talk for the tour in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
Very early, after breakfast we will go to Machu Picchu walking for 2 hours uphill (Optional: you can take the bus cost US$12.00 dollars).
Already at the entrance of the citadel with our guide we will start the tour for 2 hours and a half, visiting and knowing the main sites such as its squares, temples, agricultural sector, urban sector, religious center. And also, from the Guardian’s house we will be able to have a panoramic view of all these places and have the pictures of stamp next to the Huaynapicchu.
At the end of the guided tour you will have time to take a short break or if you have an entrance ticket to hike Huaynapicchu (book in advance), then return to Machu Picchu Pueblo for lunch and activities on your own, until 30 minutes before the departure of the train to Ollantaytambo,
Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo our transfer will be waiting for you to take you to the city of Cusco, leaving our travelers in their hotels.
Included Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
- Safety talk the day before the tour at 6:00 pm at our Office.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of the tour.
- All transportation for the duration of the hike.
- Professional tour guides.
- One night in a 3 star hotel in Agua Calientes.
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus downhill from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Buses to and from Machu Picchu on day 2
- Train to Km 104 (Expedition or Voyager)
- Panoramic trains back to Cusco (Vistadome or 360°)
- Return to your hotel
- All taxes and management fees included.
Not Included Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
- 1st breakfast and last day lunch
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain entrance fees
- Tips for your staff