Titicaca Lake Uros Islands and Taquile 1 day
The boat excursion to Uros Taquile Island 1 day is one of the most popular of Titicaca Lake .
In Titicaca Lake you will observe several floating islands built of silver called Totora, which can last up to 23 years, where we can observe the customs and traditions of these people and families who live from the sale of their handicrafts.
We can also visit the village of Taquile, an indigenous community that preserves its ancestral traditions.
- 7:00 am pick up from hotel
- 7:30 a.m. embarkation to Uros island
- 9:00 am visit Uros Island
- 11:00 am Visit Taquile
- 1:00 pm Lunch
- 5:00 arrival at the port
- We start the pick up from your hotel in Puno
- Duration of tour: Full day
- Minimum group size: 10 paxs
- Type of service: Group services
- Availability: Every day.
- Tour language: English / Spanish
- End of tour: Port of Puno
Live an unforgettable experience, sailing by boat on Titicaca Lake and a guided tour to some incredible islands and meeting the communities that live there.
The Floating Islands of the Uros are famous for their unique construction, made of reed and constantly maintained by the inhabitants of the islands.
More remote, the island of Taquile is less known, and is waiting for you to discover it! Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about a way of life and culture completely different from your own.
Titicaca Lake Uros Islands
Our tour starts at 7:00 am with the pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Puno (hotels located within the city of Puno).
Trip to Uros Islands.
After boarding our Speed boat we will navigate in Lake Titicaca to visit the Island of Uros, within the Titicaca reserve is home to approximately 90 islands of which we will only visit 2 islands.
Upon arrival to the first island our guide will explain us about the customs and traditions, and then he will explain us about the construction of the floating island. Then we will move to the second island.
Continuing after 1 hour and 20 minutes we will arrive to the community of Taquile known as “the best weavers of Peru“, here we will make a walk of about 40 minutes, where we will visit the main square, visit their local textile and then enjoy a delicious lunch offered by the locals.
At the end we will return to the port of Puno, arrival approx 5:00 pm.
los servicios incluidos en el tour Uros Taquile 1 day:
- Transfer hotel – port of Puno.
- Spanish / English tour guide.
- Uros / Taquile tickets.
- Motor boat.
- Lunch in Taquile
Wear a light jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, sunscreen and water and/or rehydrating solution.
- Traditional boat ride (totora reed raft)
- Extra Expenses
- Lightweight backpack, Water, Hat, Sunglasses
- Sunscreen (very important)
- T-shirt or jacket (very important)
- Money in small denominations (soles)
|Numero de Personas||Precio por persona||Total ($ USD)||Reservar|
Your Travel Guide at a glance
How to travel and get to the city of Puno from Lima?
1st Way: Flight to Puno
At the moment there is no direct flight route to the city of Puno, so the trip is made in 2 legs:
- The first leg consists of traveling by plane from Lima to Juliaca (another important city in the department of Puno), for which there are daily departures from the Jorge Chavez International Airport, located in Callao. To get to Juliaca, arrive at the Inca Manco Capac International Airport (Airport Code JUL), which is located 44 Km. (27.3 miles) north of the city of Puno. Flights to Juliaca from Lima take approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- The second section consists of traveling overland from Juliaca to the city of Puno, for which there are cabs and shared-ride minibuses that take visitors to the city.
The Uros Islands were declared “Cultural Heritage of Humanity”. Spinning and weaving are mainly done by men, who begin this art from the age of eight. By means of these textiles the inhabitants of Taquile demonstrate their marital status depending on the colors, sizes and mode of use. In males, the single wears a red and white chullo, while married men wear a red chullo. While unmarried women wear a chullo with a larger and more colored pompom than married women.
Confort Level Aremika Travel Expeditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Titicaca Lake located?
Lake Titicaca is located at the southern border of Peru and Bolivia, in the Andes Mountains, and is considered one of the largest lakes in South America, and the highest navigable water lake in the world.
How high is Titicaca Lake ?
Titicaca Lake is located at an altitude of 3812 meters above sea level, so the weather is cold, it is recommended to wear warm clothes.